Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
- Continuous flow of poses linking breath and movement. Comprehensive "workout," including many seated postures, inversions, arm balances and core strengthening "jump throughs and jump backs."
- Ashtanga strengthens and opens the mind, as well as the body.
- Internal heat is created and maintained with detoxifying, cleansing and flexibility effects.
- Not only is Ashtanga Vinyasa great life training, it's the best training you can do to prepare for the myriad of Vinyasa, Power and Flow classes you may come across.
- Ashtanga offers physically and mentally challenging poses in order to focus us in the present moment. As challenges increase we learn to let go of resistance to what is. We learn to breathe in the presence of what arises. We watch as the mind dissolves and our spirits soar.
- Appropriate for intermediate to advanced levels. Some yoga experience required.
- Because Pilates cultivates control, precision, centering, breathing, efficiency and balance, I call Pilates the “fine German engineering of the exercise world.” ...Pilates principles remind me of some of the most sophisticated cars, i.e. the Audi, BMW and Mercedes.
- People often say Pilates doesn't feel like a regular hard workout, yet their abs feel toned and body feels taller and lighter.
- Experience a mellow small group reformer class that flows. Mental and physical alignment challenges keep you on your toes.
- Appropriate for advanced beginner to intermediate levels.